Monday, January 16, 2012

What are you waiting for?

So I'm online reading the news sites like I always do. And I see that Joe Paterno breaks his silence about the sex abuse scandal that rocked Penn State.

I was pretty curious as to why he (Joe) never mentioned anything to the proper authorities (the police) about the sex abuse that had taken place. In his own words, this is what he said.

"I didn't know exactly how to handle it and I was afraid to do something that might jeopardize what the university procedure was. So I backed away and turned it over to some other people, people I thought would have a little more expertise than I did. It didn't work out that way"

I have a few problems with this statement and here's why. IF AT ANYTIME, YOU EVER SEE SEXUAL ABUSE GOING ON WITH ANYONE AT ANYTIME, YOU ALWAYS ALL THE POLICE. I DON'T GIVE A SHIT WHERE YOU ARE IN SOME FANCY SCHOOL, OR IN THE MIDDLE OF GHETTO BLVD. YOU GET HELP.
what the hell are you afraid of jeopardizing? The dignity of your colleagues? Or the innocence of a n child? wtf? How do you hear something like that and go back home and lay your head down?!

so what did he do? He told his boss and then athletic director Tim Curley. Who in return did less than nothing. No one ever called the cops, no one ever told the proper authorities to help get this child to safety. He also said that he did not know a man could rape another man. Now, for the benefit of the doubt I am going to defend this statement. Only because I know that Paterno is an older man, and sometimes these types of scandals can be so taboo that it's hard for people his age to comprehend. But at the end of the day, if this was one of paterno's grandchildren, I'm sure he would have done more to make sure that something like this would have been stopped. I do not know if I believe that he has never heard of a man raping another man, but obviously if someone is doing something to a child, let a lone rape...you speak up. There is no excuse what so ever. I am glad that everyone who knew about it, and has been charged, or dismissed are being investigated.

I find that anyone who finds children at all sexually appealing need serious mental health. I also feel that people who know a child is being harmed, and do nothing about it, are just as accountable. The well-being of child is much more important than how embarrassed a scandal makes you. ITS DISGUSTING AND IRRESPONSIBLE to not report a crime once your known about it. I do not know who the children are that have been involved in the scandal, but their mental health, their sexual innocence, and lives are forever changed. All because "a few good men" wanted to cover their asses.

smh :( what will it take? I am going to attach a video I think I have posted before about what someone should do if they see a child. Was he too old to be a coach of a college? no! Was he told old to know the difference between right and wrong? nope!

No comments:

Post a Comment